Professor of Economics and Statistics
Ph.D., Statistics, Yale
- mailing address:
Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91125
office: 119 Baxter Hall
secretary: Patricia Hamad, 112 Baxter, 626-395-3586
- Identification and estimation of bounds
on school performance measures: a nonparametric analysis of a mixture model
with verification, with
Jeff Dominitz. Last revision: April, 2005.
- Some asymptotic results for bounds
estimation. Last revision: April, 2003.
- Maximum score methods . The New Palgrave
Dictionary of Economics, 2nd Edition. Palgrave and Macmillan,
Editors Larry Blume and Steven Durlauf, to appear.
- Some convergence theory for iterative
estimation procedures with an application to semiparametric
estimation, with Jeff
Dominitz. Econometric Theory, 21: 838-863, 2005.
- Sharp bounds under contaminated or
corrupted sampling with verification, with an application to
environmental pollutant data, with
Jeff Dominitz. Journal of Agricultural, Biological and
Environmental Statistics, 9: 319-338, 2004.
- Comment on ``Iterative and recursive
estimation in structural
non-adaptive models'' by Pastorello, Patilea, and Renault.
Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 21: 498-500, 2003.
- An equivalence result for VC classes of
sets, with Scott Joslin. Econometric Theory, 19:
- Rank estimators for a transformation model
, with E. Asparouhova, T. Asparouhov, R. Golanski, and
K. Kasprzyk. Econometric Theory, 18: 1099-1120, 2002.
- Shift restrictions and semiparametric
estimation in ordered response models, with Roger Klein, Rutgers
University. Econometrica, 70: No. 2: 663-691, March, 2002.
- Tests of certain types of nonresponse in
surveys subject to item nonresponse and attrition. American
Journal of Political Science, 44: No. 2: 356-368, April, 2000.
- Conditions for convergence of monte-carlo EM sequences with an
application to diffusion modeling, with
Sid Dalal and Yu-Yun Ho, Telcordia
Technologies. Econometrics Journal, 2: 248-267, 1999.
- Learning from experience to improve early forecasts: a bayesian
maximum likelihood approach with
Sid Dalal and Yu-Yun Ho, Telcordia Technologies. In Business
and Economics for the 21st Century, Volume II, Business and Economics
Society International, Worcester, MA, 338-353, 1998.
- Rank estimators for monotonic index
models, with Chris Cavanagh. Journal of Econometrics 84:
- Estimating new product demand from biased
survey data, with Roger
Klein, Rutgers University. Journal of Econometrics, 76: 53-76, 1997.
- U-processes in the analysis of a generalized
semiparametric regression estimator. Econometric Theory,
10: 372-395, 1994.
- Maximal inequalities for degenerate
U-processes with applications to optimization estimators
. Annals of Statistics, 22: 439-459, 1994.
- The limiting distribution of the maximum rank
correlation estimator. Econometrica, 61: 123-137, 1993.
Last updated: September 2, 2005.